TwinScan™ Instruments embody a new concept in twin engine analog instrumentation which sets the ultimate standard for easy readability in the least possible space. Each individual instrument contains port and starboard meters which reference to each other. TwinScan instruments reduce the panel space required by 50% leaving more room for other electronics. TwinScan Fuel Flowmeters and Tachometers are sold separately.
- LPH models available with 0-40, 0-80 and 0-160 LPH scales. Color styles include black dial/bezel, white dial/bezel, and white dial/chrome bezel. Requires 1 SPST push button panel switch for resetting fuel totalizer reading.
- Tachometer / LNM / Synch Indicator uses an NMEA 0183 speed signal from a GPS or Loran, and a fuel flow signal from a TwinScan™ GPH instrument to digitally display Fuel Efficiency (LNM) or the RPM difference between port and starboard engines. Requires 1 SPST toggle panel switch for reading LNM or engine synch.
- Microprocessor electronics for high performance features like electronic dampening, linear dial scales, superior accuracy unaffected by ground voltage shifts.
- Patented, magnetically shielded, precision, miniature air-core meter movement with state-of-the-art engineering features.
- Corrosion free stainless steel bezel (black, white or polished) and molded acetal cases which fit standard 86mm diameter holes.
- Reverse polarity and load dump protection exceeding SAE J1810 standards.
- Dial faces: Black on White, or White/Red on Black. U.S & Metric Scales.
Fits all carbureted inboard and stern drive engines up to 350 hp.
Fits all EFI inboard and stern drive engines (including Mercruiser and Volvo) with closed loop fuel return systems.
Fits all Mercury Optimax, Evinrude Ficht, Yamaha HPDI, and Honda 4-stroke engines.
Fits all 2-stroke EFI outboard engines.
Important note for the following outboard engine owners:
- Evinrude E-Tec 2-cycle
- Mercury Verado 4-cycle
- Suzuki 4-cycle
- Yamaha 4-cycle
The engines listed above have two fuel pumps. Because the engine's lift, or low pressure pump cycles on and off while filling the vapor separation module, the FloScan instrument LPH/LPH readings will constantly fluctuate between 0 LPH/LPH and approximately 25-50 LPH or 95-190 LPH depending on lift pump and engine size. Though the LPH/LPH readings are unusable, the FloScan instrument will accurately record total fuel consumption as displayed in the totalizer window.